Subject: good utility for Windows LW 4.0
From: Jason Hough <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 1995 12:12:02 -0700 (PDT)

For those of you wanting a way to view rendered animation made on the PC
version for testing reasons, there's a slick little freeware utility 
called "Dave's Targa Animator". 
(ftp.povray.org:/pub/povray/utilities/dta22b.zip)

It will let you take a series of TGA files and will create an Autodesk 
"FLI" file from them, which you can then view with aaplay.exe or the 
viewer that comes with that utility.

If you render your frames at 320x200, you can easily get 30fps playback 
on a 486 (it will dither to 256 colors, but it works fine for testing I 
find).
It can also make flics with more colors and higher resolution, but the 
playback speed is pretty low (even on my P90).

Anyway, I dont know if anyone's posted this before, but its very handy.

Happy rendering!

Jason

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jason Hough [email-masked] <http://www.qualcomm.com/jhough/home.html>
1st place in the 1995 California Computer Expo Art Contest
"My boys need a house!" - Kramer, 'Seinfeld'
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Jason Hough <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]